Pro Football Hall of Famer and former University of Miami star Michael Irvin will not be charged for an alleged sexual assault claim filed earlier this year.
The Broward State Attorney’s Office confirmed to NBC 6 that they were declining to file charges in the case, stemming from an alleged incident inside a Fort Lauderdale hotel in March.
Irvin and his legal team had repeatedly denied any role in the alleged incident.
"This has been the most difficult period my family and I have ever had to endure. To have to live through heinous false allegations," Irvin said during a June press conference with his South Florida based lawyer after they said a police investigation proved he did nothing wrong.
Irvin, who starred at St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale before a star studded career with the ‘Canes and the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys, was listed on a sexual battery report from Fort Lauderdale Police for an alleged incident that took place inside a hotel on March 22nd.
Police turned over the case to the State Attorney's Office on May 31st.
Irvin, who had settled a prior lawsuit brought against him for sexual assault in 2011, had previously said he was in the area during that time for a relative’s sporting event and the birthday of an aunt.
JUST IN: Former NFL star Michael Irvin won't be charged in alleged sexual assault case https://t.co/zYB2jwJadc
— NBC 6 South Florida (@nbc6) July 24, 2017