Sports

Actions

Brooks Koepka withdraws from US Open

Palm Beach County native previously won in 2017, 2018
Brooks Koepka at Wyndham Championship, August 2020
Posted at 2:30 PM, Sep 09, 2020
and last updated 2020-09-09 14:30:39-04

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — Brooks Koepka won't compete in next week's U.S. Open.

Koepka said Wednesday on Twitter that he has withdrawn from the major.

"I'm looking forward to getting healthy and competing at 100% again very soon," he said.

Koepka hasn't played in a tournament since he missed the cut at the Wyndham Championship in August.

The 30-year-old Jupiter resident and Palm Beach County native won the U.S. Open in 2017 and 2018.

Tokyo Olympics Medal Count as of late afternoon Aug. 4, 2021