MIAMI (AP) — Prosecutors have formally charged a South Florida man who stormed President Donald Trump's Miami-area golf resort and exchanged gunfire with police.
The Miami Herald reports that 42-year-old Jonathan Oddi remained jailed Friday and did not appear at the hearing in Miami-Dade County criminal court.
The Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office filed charges of attempted murder of law-enforcement officers, armed burglary and armed grand theft.
Police said Oddi carried an American flag into the lobby of the Trump National Doral Golf Club last month and shouted about the president before trading gunfire with officers, who shot him in the legs and arrested him.
Oddi's attorneys, Christopher DeCoste and Tara Kawass, told the Herald that Oddi is "extremely remorseful" and thanked officers for defusing the situation "without loss of life and only minimal injury."
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com