News

Actions

Former FSU QB pleads guilty to battery

Posted at 11:51 AM, Dec 11, 2015
and last updated 2015-12-11 11:51:14-05

Former Florida State University quarterback De’Andre Johnson entered a plea deal Thursday, in a battery case related to an incident at a Tallahassee bar earlier this year.

Surveillance video from the night club shows Johnson punching a 21 year old woman, Abigail Husty.

He was dismissed from the FSU football team shortly after the incident.

Johnson entered a guilty plea, and he will take part in a 10-day sheriff’s work program and serve six months of probation.

Additionally, Johnson will pay just shy of 1000 dollars in court fees and restitution.

Johnson did not speak with reporters after the hearing, but his attorney Jose Baez says his client takes responsibility for what happened.

“De’Andre wanted to apologize to everyone… the community, FSU, his teammates, and of course the young lady involved as well,” said Baez.

For her part, the victim Husty says she is just glad the whole situation is in her past.

“It’s been a long process, and a lot of has been having to happen. I’ve been going to counseling to get my life back on track, but it definitely impacted my life in a negative way. But, I am moving toward the correct direction,”said Husty.

Husty says she still cheers for the Florida State University football team, and has a ticket for the Seminoles Bowl game on New Year’s Eve.

She says she won’t let an incident with one person change how she feels about FSU overall.

Meanwhile, Johnson is now enrolled at East Mississippi Community College, looking to possibly play football again.

© 2015 The News Service of Florida. All rights reserved. Posting or forwarding this material without permission is prohibited. You can view the Terms of Use on our website.