PUTNAM COUNTY, Ga. -- A small plane crash in Georgia killed a grieving Florida family.
According to the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, a small plane crashed in a wooded area near Eatonton, which is located a little more than an hour drive southeast of Atlanta.
Deputies identified the following people killed in the crash:
- Larry Pruitt, 67, of Morriston, Fla. He was the pilot and owner of the plane.
- Shawn Lamont, 41, of Gainesville, Fla.
- Jody Lamont, 43, of Gainesville. She was the wife of Shawn and daughter of Larry Pruitt.
- Jayce Lamont, 6. He was the son of Shawn and Jody Lamont.
- Alice Lamont, 4. She was the daughter of Shawn and Jody Lamont.
The family was flying from Levy County, Florida to Newcastle, Indiana to attend a funeral, deputies said.
The deadly crash remains under investigation.