News

Actions

Charging hoverboard suspected in Florida apartment fire

Posted at 5:21 AM, Apr 17, 2017
and last updated 2017-04-17 05:21:35-04

(NBC) - Fire investigators in Florida believe a hoverboard that was charging started an apartment fire this weekend in Polk County.

A photo taken by firefighters Saturday in Haines City showed the hoverboard heavily damaged by fire.

 

Authorities said the family had just plugged in the device to charge when there was some sort of electrical malfunction.

The fire scorched the floor, wall and ceiling of the apartment, but firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading to other homes.

The fire damage was contained to just one room.

Courtesy: NBC News Channel