(NBC) - A new Gallup-Healthways index says two Florida cities are among the healthiest in America.
For the second year in a row, the Naples-Immokalee-Marco Island region was No. 1 for well-being in the U.S.
The North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton region was No. 6.
The index factors in a variety of metrics that include the five essential elements of well-being:
• Purpose: liking what you do each day and being motivated to achieve your goals
• Social: having supportive relationships and love in your life
• Financial: managing your economic life to reduce stress and increase security
• Community: liking where you live, feeling safe, and having pride in your community
• Physical: having good health and enough energy to get things done daily
Fort Smith, Ark., Hickory, N.C. and Huntington, W.V. ranked the lowest out of the 189 Metro areas surveyed.