NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Mark Cuban wants Apple to boot Twitter from its app store until Twitter finds a better way of removing "objectionable" tweets, images and videos from its platform.
The billionaire entrepreneur criticized Apple's app review policy in a series of tweets Thursday afternoon, and called on Apple to adhere to its own guidelines.
"1) So how come Apple hasn't removed twitter from their app store for violating the UGC & Personal Attack terms?" he tweeted. "2) remove twitter from the app store for a couple days and they will solve any and all objectionable UGC content issues immediately." (UGC stands for user generated content.)
Cuban didn't specify what objectionable content he was referring to, but social media has been increasingly criticized for enabling terror groups like ISIS to spread their propaganda and recruit members.
CNNMoney asked Cuban on Twitter if his concerns stemmed from ISIS-related accounts and posts, but he didn't respond.
Cuban's first tweet included a screenshot of Apple's App Store Review Guidelines -- specifically the policy on "Personal Attacks" and "Violence."
Part those policies state that "Apps that display user generated content must include a method for filtering objectionable material, a mechanism for users to flag offensive content, and the ability to block abusive users from the service."
Cuban followed up by giving an example of other apps that have found a way to manage questionable posts: "3) Instagram can prevent the scourge of naked breasts to keep their place in the app stores. I'm sure twitter can find solutions as well..." Instagram decided last year to restrict nudity.
He also questioned Apple's treatment of Twitter specifically.
"4) Apple has no problem threatening other apps with removal as well. Why not Twitter?"
Cuban got into a mini-debate over the issue with early Twitter investor Chris Sacca.
"@sacca the question was to apple. But twitter could be more transparent. I would feel a lot better knowing terrorist UGC is down in 24 hrs," said Cuban.
"Twitter isn't the author of objectionable content and has multiple paths for removal of it," Sacca tweeted back.
"Not enough," Cuban replied. "Just ask any app that has been threatened with removal by apple. Or ask apple."
Earlier this year Apple temporarily removed Civil War games that contained certain images of the Confederate flag used "in offensive or mean-spirited ways, which is in violation of our guidelines." The games were allowed back after developers made Apple's required changes.
Twitter has a feature that people can use to flag something they post as sensitive material.
The platform also allows people to report things they see as offensive.
Neither Apple nor Twitter immediately responded to request for comment.
Related: Mark Cuban says he could 'crush' Donald Trump if he ran for president
™ & © 2015 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.