About 260 Florida Atlantic University graduates finally walked across the stage a week after the ceremony was canceled for a "credible threat."
School officials said there were additional officers on hand for Tuesday's graduation, in addition to standard security safety measures like metal detectors.
“I had a lot of family that flew in from out of state. I had family from California, Louisiana, and they’re not here today, but my dad is going to be here, so I’m excited about that,” said graduate Tiffany Tomadin.
The graduates were forced to evacuate just before the ceremony was originally scheduled to take place on Aug. 7 after a threatening note was found inside a women's bathroom on campus.
“I'd like to begin by expressing my disappointment we could not have your ceremony as was planned last Tuesday. I know this is not how you envisioned your graduation day," said FAU President John Kelly.
Tuesday's ceremony was only for in-state students. Other makeup graduations ceremonies had already been held.
"It was sad, scary, a mixture of emotions, but there’s still a little bit of excitement that I get to walk and my family gets to see me,” said Tomadin.
"Thank God that we had the time to come back on Tuesday again, a week later and enjoy this moment that we were all looking for," said parent Marcos Moran.
The identity of the person who left the threatening note is still unclear, and no arrests have been made.