PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. — The contagious bacteria MRSA has been discovered at a second Palm Beach County school in just a matter of days.
According to the Palm Beach County School District, someone was diagnosed with MRSA at William T. Dwyer High School in Palm Beach Gardens on Friday.
Out of an abundance of caution, the Department of Environmental and Conservation Services scrubbed and sanitized the campus, and the school was clean by Monday morning.
Just last week, a person at Suncoast Community High School in Riviera Beach was also diagnosed with MRSA, according to a school district spokesperson.
The CDC said MRSA can cause a bacterial staph infection that's transmitted primarily through skin-to-skin contact, as well as surfaces that have been touched by an infected person.
For more information about MRSA and how to protect yourself, click here.