Martin County public libraries are clearing late fees in exchange for food donations as part of "Food for Fines" week.
It's the seventh year the Martin County Library System and "House of Hope" are teaming up to collect food donations.
The non-profit agency has provided over fifteen thousand meals since "Food for Fines" started -- a trend they plan to continue.
"It's [a] creative way to get more food in the door and help us with our mission to empower martin county residents to overcome hunger and hardship," House of Hope CEO Rob Ranieri said.
Organizers are aiming to collect four thousand pounds of food that will go to "House of Hope" food pantries across Martin County.
"Food for Fines" ends Saturday, March 11.
Here is the full list of Martin County public libraries where you can return overdue materials along with non-perishable food items:
* Blake Library, 2351 SE Monterey Road in Stuart
* Elisabeth Lahti Library, 15200 SW Adams Ave. in Indiantown
* Hobe Sound Public Library, 10595 SE Federal Hwy. in Hobe Sound
* Hoke Library, 1150 NW Jack Williams Way in Jensen Beach
* Peter & Julie Cummings Library, 2551 SW Matheson Ave. in Palm City
* Robert Morgade Library, 5851 SE Community Drive in Stuart