News

Actions

Worker receives electrical shock

Posted at 1:17 PM, Jan 15, 2016
and last updated 2016-01-15 13:34:29-05

A worker installing a new communication line received a severe shock Friday morning.

A Palm Beach County Fire official says the man was in a bucket truck at the Comfort Inn and Suites in the 1200 block of Hypoluxo Road when it happened. He says he may have been pushed into power lines by the wind.

His shoulder appeared to make contact with a live wire, the official said.

He has been transported to JFK Medical Center.