Everyone is encouraged to wear red Friday to support the American Heart Association's Go Red for Women campaign.
Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women.
Events across the country, including our area, are scheduled in an effort to eradicate heart disease and stroke.
Some of the events include:
• Friday, Feb. 7 2020 – Community walk to kick-off National Wear Red Day in downtown West Palm Beach, starting at Flagler Drive by the Meyer Amphitheatre
• Friday, Feb. 7, 2020 – 5K Run hosted by Carrier in Palm Beach Gardens
• Friday, Feb. 14, 2020 – 65th Annual Palm Beach Heart Ball. Tickets available at PalmBeachHeartBall.Heart.org
• Thursday, Feb. 20, 2020, Power Your Heart Tour at FPL’s Manatee Lagoon. Interactive Heart-Health community event. Free and open to the Public. Find your free tickets on the American Heart Association – Palm Beach County Facebook page
• All month, newborn babies at Jupiter Medical Center will be given knitted red booties in honor of congenital heart defect awareness – the most common heart defect
Learn more at GoRedforWomen.org