MARTIN COUNTY, Fla. — Do you want to make a difference in protecting our waterways?
Martin County has partnered with the University of Florida to offer the Water Ambassador training program.
It's designed to educate volunteers who want to help our environment.
The six-hour course includes information on Florida’s drainage history, eco-friendly landscaping, reducing stormwater runoff, and fertilizer rules.
You'll then be able to connect with others in your community to organize events about protecting our environment.
There are five training sessions:
- Jan. 18: The Elliott Museum
- Feb. 4: Jensen Beach Community Center
- Feb. 25: Martin County Extension Office
- Mar. 18: The Elliott Museum
- Mar. 25: Jensen Beach Community Center
To register for the Water Ambassador program, click here.