Letner says he ran inside, shut off the breaker and found homeowner Jesse Decker trying to put out flames.
Says Letner: "I got down on my hands and knees because the smoke was everywhere, made my way back into his kitchen and got him to go out his front door."
Decker says Letner is a hero for saving his life. A woman also escaped unharmed.
Letner says his parents raised him to help those in need. He wasn't even supposed to be working, having stayed past his shift because it was busy.
"I got a beautiful wife and two kids at home, so I've got to make sure I keep myself safe for them, but my parents raised me to make sure that if there is something in need, you have to help someone, put your life on the line," said Letner.
Firefighters say an electrical problem caused the fire.