It's time to save big on school supplies!
Florida's Back To School Sales Tax Holiday starts on Friday, Aug. 2 and runs through Tuesday, Aug. 6.
During that time, these items will be tax free:
- Clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item
- Certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item
- Personal computers and certain computer-related accessories selling for $1,000 or less per item, when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use
The sales tax holiday does not apply to:
- Any item of clothing selling for more than $60
- Any school supply item selling for more than $15
- Books that are not otherwise exempt
- Computers and computer-related accessories purchased for commercial purposes
- Rentals or leases of any eligible items
- Repairs or alterations of any eligible items
- Sales of any eligible items in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport
For more information about the sales tax holiday, click here.
You can get ready for a new school year at WPTV's Back To School Expo at The Mall At Wellington Green this Saturday, Aug. 3 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information about the expo, click here.