(NBC) - The National Insurance Crime Bureau just released its annual list of the most stolen vehicles.
Nationwide, the report finds that in 2017, the Honda Civic was the most stolen car overall. The report said 45,062 Honda Civics were stolen last year.
The Honda Accord was the second most stolen vehicle, followed by the full-size Ford pickup, the full-size Chevrolet pickup and the Toyota Camry.
The 2017 Nissan Altima was the most stolen new car with thieves nabbing more than 1,100 of them.
Experts advise using common sense when it comes to protecting your car from theft.
Remember, always lock your car and be sure to take the key.
For 2017, the most stolen vehicles in the nation were:
1. Honda Civic; 45,062 thefts
2. Honda Accord; 43,764 thefts
3. Ford Pickup (Full Size); 35,105 thefts
4. Chevrolet Pickup (Full Size); 30,058 thefts
5. Toyota Camry; 17,278 thefts
6. Nissan Altima; 13,358 thefts
7. Toyota Corolla; 12,337 thefts
8. Dodge Pickup (Full Size); 12,004 thefts
9. GMC Pickup (Full Size); 10,865 thefts
10. Chevrolet Impala; 9,487 thefts
The following are the top 10, 2017 model year vehicles stolen during calendar year 2017:
GMC Pickup (Full Size)
Ford Pickup (Full Size)
Courtesy NBC News Channel, Associated Press, National Insurance Crime Bureau