ST. LUCIE COUNTY, Fla. — The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program is helping St. Lucie County residents file their taxes for free.
Residents in St. Lucie County making less than $57,000 a year qualify for free tax preparation assistance.
All assistance this year must be by appointment, and masks will be required. Below are the five locations where IRS-trained volunteers will be assisting individuals:
- Keiser University, 9400 SW Discovery Way (Room 103), Port St. Lucie: Feb. 17 through April 14. To schedule an appointment, call 772‐398‐9990
- Kilmer Branch Library, 101 Melody Lane, Fort Pierce: Feb. 13 through April 10. To schedule an appointment, call 772‐200‐9256
- Mustard Seed Ministries (Fort Pierce), 3130 South US 1, Fort Pierce: Feb. 16 through April 13. To schedule an appointment, call 772‐200‐9411
- Mustard Seed Ministries (Port St. Lucie), 8311 South US 1, Port St. Lucie: Feb. 16 through April 7. To schedule an appointment, call 772‐353‐7638
- Port St. Lucie Community Center, 2195 SE Airoso Blvd., Port St. Lucie: Feb 8 through April 13. To schedule an appointment, call 772‐353‐7500
A list of potential paperwork that residents will need to bring to have their federal taxes prepared include:
- Proof of identification
- Social Security number
- Birth dates of family members
- Property tax bills
- All income documents, including wage and earning statement(s) W-2, W-2G, 1099-R from all employers; interest and dividend statements from banks (forms 1099-Div); a copy of last year's federal and state returns (if available); health care expenses; donation receipts and bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit
If you are unable to get an appointment, visit the United Way program as a secondary option.