The famous Christmas animated movie The Polar Express is going to take real-life form on Brightline trains this holiday season (But, I feel like it should be called the Solar Express since we are in a warm tropical climate).
All aboard! Join us for a magical trip on The Polar Express Train Ride - Ft. Lauderdale! Pick out your favorite pajamas and get ready to experience the classic children's story on board a real Brightline train. Tickets for the 2018 season are on sale now. https://t.co/ICorV8bCct pic.twitter.com/QOErN61erT
— Brightline (@GoBrightline) September 30, 2018
What To Expect
First, the adventure will be memorable for your children but know it's not cheap. The train is set to the sounds of the motion picture soundtrack; passengers will relive the magic of the classic story as they are whisked away on The Polar Express for a magical one-hour trip to meet Santa. Once on board, your car hosts will work their way through the coach and punch your golden ticket before hot chocolate, and a delicious cookie are served by dancing chefs. Passengers then read along with the classic children’s book, The Polar Express, by Chris Van Allsburg. Santa and his helpers board the train to greet passengers and distribute a silver sleigh bell to each passenger, the very first gift of Christmas.
5 Things You Need To Know
1) All of the one-hour rides originate from the Fort Lauderdale station. So if you are catching a ride from West Palm Beach or Miami, you have the hassle of traveling to Broward before The Polar Express train ride starts. Brightline suggests taking a "Sleigh Ride" (a train ride) to Broward, so you'd basically be on trains for two-hours.
2) You can get a 25% discount on trips in Smart (coach) to and from the Fort Lauderdale station by using promotion code BLPOLAR . Children 12 and under ride complimentary.
3) If you book by Nov. 10, you will get a promotional code for 25% off merchandise.
4) Save $10 off any event ticket for The Polar Express Train Ride on Nov. 11, 17, and 18 by using promotional code EARLYBIRD.
5) Groups of 20 or more are eligible for a 10% discount which must be booked over the phone at (754) 209-0214. Qualifying active duty military members and first responders are also eligible for a 10% discount which can be booked online using code MILITARY2018.
Value Departures: $55 Adult, $50 Child
Standard Departures: $65 Adult, $60 Child
Peak Departures: $75 Adult, $70 Child
Trains run on Saturday and Sunday's from November 11, 2018, to January 1, 2019, at 10 a.m., noon, 2 p.m., 4 p.m., 6 p.m., 8 p.m. Additionally there are train rides on Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day. Check website for most up-to-date information.