National Mac and Cheese Day is July 14. We went to The Cooper's Hawk at The Gardens Mall to have Executive Chef Bobby Relyea to show us how to make a KILLER Macaroni and Cheese. Adults will appreciate the five kinds of cheese in the recipe and kids will be delighted with the taste.
Heavy Cream, Dry Mustard, White Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper, Velveeta Cheese, Fontina Cheese, Parmesan Grated, Unsalted Butter, Pasta of Choice, White Cheddar Shredded, and Panko Bread Crumbs
1. Bring heavy cream and spices to a simmer.
2. Break Velveeta into small pieces and whisk until all cheese is dissolved.
3. Break butter into small pieces and slowly whisk in.
4. Add cooked pasta to pan and combine.
5. Layer remaining cheeses in a serving dish w/ pasta.
6. Top with grated Parmesan and bread crumbs.
7. Broil on high heat until golden brown.
8. Enjoy the delicious macaroni and cheese!
The Cooper's Hawk normally serves Mac & Cheese as a side to their Southern Hot Chicken (pictured left), total comfort food, and Cooper's Hawk White Wine (A blend of Pinot Gris and Riesling; spiced pear, apricot, passion fruit, and sweet melon are joined by honey and floral notes).