WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — The coronavirus has prompted many events, schools and venues to cancel, close, suspend or postpone events.
What's canceled, closed, suspended or postponed?
Schools and Aftercare
- All state colleges and universities in Florida will continue with online classes through the end of the Spring semester
- No on-campus graduation ceremonies will take place in May at state colleges and universities in Florida
- All state public school district cancel classed through April 15. Palm Beach County offering lunch at select schools via drive-through
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County will close from Monday, March 16 until at least March 27
- The Benjamin School campuses in North Palm Beach and Palm Beach Gardens will close on Friday and begin online lessons on Tuesday, March 17 through April 13
- FAU remote instruction beginning March 16 (in-person classes to resume March 30).
- FAU Harbor Branch Ocean Discovery Visitors Center is postponing all in-person classes/lectures until further notice
- Oxbridge Academy will be closing Sunday, March 15-April 6. Students will continue their classes online beginning Monday, March 16
- St. Mark’s Episcopal Church & School will be closed from Friday, March 13 through Sunday, March 29
- St. Lucie County Boys & Girls Club school-based Clubs and Clubhouses will be closed during the week of spring break March 16, through March 24
- Palm Beach State College suspending all classes beginning Saturday, March 14. Remote instruction will start on March 23.
- Winn-Dixie stores operating from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. until furthern notice beginning March 20
- Publix stores operating from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. until further notice
- Walmart stores will close at 8:30 p.m. and open no earlier than 7 a.m. until further notice
- Town Center at Boca Raton closed until March 29
- The Gardens Mall closed until March 29
Travel and Leisure
- Carnival cruises to be suspended through March
- Disney Cruise Line cruises will be suspended 30 days
- Norwegian Cruise Line cruises to be suspended through April 11
- Palm Tran’s planned service and egg hunt for Easter has been canceled. The buses will not be operating on Sunday, April 12
- Princess Cruises to be suspended 60 days
- Rapids Water Park
- Royal Caribbean cruises to be suspended 30 days
- Theme Park Information
- Adam Sandler at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino postponed
- A Day for Autism on the Treasure Coast canceled
- Adequan® Global Dressage Festival canceled
- American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life of Western Palm Beach County canceled
- ArtFest by the Sea at Juno Beach canceled
- Barrett-Jackson to postpone 2020 Palm Beach Auction to October 15-17
- Boynton Beach Blarney Bash canceledBoynton Beach Police Department's South Florida Police K9 competition on March 28 canceled
- Brew at the Zoo postponed until September
- Delray Beach St. Patrick's Day Parade & Festival canceled
- Fort Pierce will be postponing Sandy Shoes Seafood & Brew
- Hatsume Fair at the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens is canceled
- Lake Worth Beach St. Patrick's Day Parade canceled
- Kenny Chesney concert at the iThink Financial Amp scheduled for May 7
- Marlon Wayans at the Palm Beach Improv has been canceled
- Natural Areas Festival scheduled for Saturday at Winding Waters Natural Area in West Palm Beach
- Port St. Lucie St. Patrick's Day Fest canceled
- Palm Beach International Boat Show postponed
- Palm Beach Pride in Lake Worth Beach canceled
- Palm Beach Walk to Defeat ALS postponed until fall
- Royal Palm Beach Seafood Festival postponed
- SAT testing at The Benjamin School in Palm Beach Gardens postponed
- Spring Forward for Hunger Brunch postponed until the Fall 2020
- Wine, Women, and Shoes (Big Dog Ranch Rescue's Mar-a-Lago event) has been postponed
- Winter Equestrian Festival (closed to the general public)
- All bars and nightclubs in Florida will close for the next 30 days
- All jury selection proceedings are suspended beginning Monday, March 16 until Friday, March 27. Proceedings already in progress will continue at the discretion of the presiding judge.
- All county-operated playgrounds, fitness zones, splash pads, pools, water parks, and recreation centers in Palm Beach County are closed until further notice. Park open space, county-operated beaches, campgrounds, dog parks, and golf courses remain open.
- Boca Raton closes all beaches, golf courses, dog parks and other city facilities until further notice.
- Boynton Beach: All recreation centers & the John Denson Pool will be closed until further notice. All city parks are open, restrooms will only be available at Oceanfront Park. The Tennis Center & Links will remain open. Parks close at sunset. Call 561-742-6236 if you have questions.
- City of Palm Beach Gardens will be suspending all special events, including the weekly Gardens GreenMarket and Hippity Hoppity Hooray Egg Hunt, until further notice. Cancellations will go into effect beginning Friday morning, March 13
- The city of Port St. Lucie will temporarily suspend in-person services at all City Hall facilities
- Humane Society of the Treasure Coast will operate from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Saturday until at least April 8. The adoption center will operate via appoints only.
- Indian River County's Emergency Information Center number has been activated. Call 772-226-4000 from 8 a.m to to 5 p.m.
- City of West Palm Beach declared a state of emergency on Monday, March 16.
- Town of Lake Park canceled the Sunset Celebration event scheduled for March 27 at Harbor Marina and its Easter Egg Hunt scheduled for April 11 at Kelsey Park. Recreation department and line dancing events are canceled until further notice
- A mandatory curfew in the Town of Palm Beach is in effect every night from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. All public beaches and recreation facilities in the town are closed
- Village of Tequesta is canceling all special events hosted by the village until further notice including: Shred It, Coffee with a Cop, Volunteer Recognition, and Easter Egg hunts
- American Airlines Arena events postponed through April 1
- Ann Norton Sculpture Gardens closed fully for a minimum of two weeks
- Busch Wildlife Sanctuary will close on March 17 until further notice. During this time they will continue accepting injured wildlife drop-offs, but please call before dropping off
- The Breakers will temporarily close the resort and related businesses as of Wednesday, March 18 at 4 p.m. Officials said they intend to reopen to guests on Wednesday, April 8 at noon
- Kravis Center cancels all performances and events through May 30
- Lion Country Safari is closed until further notice
- Mandel Public Library in West Palm Beach will close on March 19 at 5:00 p.m. and will remain closed until further notice
- Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens, Museum Programming and Exhibits Canceled through April 30
- Okeechobee County Fair (March 17 - 22) has been canceled
- Palm Beach Improv (Marlon Wayans has canceled)
- Palm Beach Zoo is closed
- Rapids Water Park is closed
- Seminole Casino Coconut Creek is open
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood is suspending entertainment at its venues including Hard Rock Live, The Comedy Club, and DAER Nightclub & Dayclub until April 15
- The Schoolhouse Children’s Museum in Boynton Beach is closed until further notice. All scheduled programs, classes, and events are canceled.
- South Florida Science Center & Aquarium is open, but the Courageous Cocktails, One-day Camp, Nights at the Museum, Super Family Sleepover, Science on Tap, FAU's Brain Blitz, 3D Printing Workshops, GEMS Club are all postponed through March 31
- SunFest canceled
- West Palm Beach VA Medical Center events are canceled including Tax Clinic, Florida Licensing on Wheels, Blood Drive, Legal Clinic, Farmer's Market, Food Truck Friday, Veterans Town Hall meeting and more. This does not include normal operations.