JUPITER, Fla. — With the craziness of world events in the last year, it may have been easy to of missed some of the new attractions at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando. And if your spring break plans have you slated to visit the "Mouse," here are five things you need to know.
1) How to get into Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- Download the 'My Disney Experience app.'
- At 7 a.m. (you don't have to be in the park) sign up and get your spot in the virtual queue.
- Your next shot is at 1 p.m. (you DO have to be in the park) and register for a time.
- Find detailed instructions here.
2) Discounts on accommodations
- Florida residents can receive up to 35% off through April 17, 2021.
- Get 2 extra days added to your ticket when you buy a four-night/three-day room-and-ticket package at select Disney Resort Hotels, for arrivals through 9/25/21.
3) New transportation
The new Disney Skyliner opened up in the fall of 2019. It allows parties to glide across the sky from some of the resorts to Disney's Hollywood Studios and EPCOT. Perfect if you want to social distance yourself as you move around the resort.
PRO TIP: Sunset rides allow you to get breathtaking photos for your social media accounts.
4) New Rides
- Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway - If feels like you're in a Mickey Mouse cartoon. State-of-the-art technology creates a fully immersive experience at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance - Go on a Star Wars adventure aboard an Imperial Star Destroyer. This ride uses the most advanced technology Disney has ever brought to a ride. It's located at Disney's Hollywood Studios.