PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. — It's Father's Day weekend so here are some ideas of things to do to show dad you love him.
1) International jazz singer - Yvette Norwood-Tiger - Virtual
Get dad some bourbon, put a big ice cube in his glass, and let dad watch some jazz-singing for free. This performance will be broadcast at the Cultural Council in Lake Worth and streamed live on palmbeachculture.com. The show runs this Saturday from 7 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. with a 10-minute intermission.
Yvette's CDs, “A’LA ELLA!“ and “whY NoT… Love, Peace, Joy, Jazz“ feature music from great composers such as Cole Porter, Duke Ellington, and the Gershwins. WPTV NewsChannel 5 is thrilled to sponsor the Cultural Council's summer Performing Arts Series, and they are hosted by me, T.A. Walker.
Yvette Norwood-Tiger Performing During the COVID-19 Pandemic
2) Take Dad out to eat!
Restaurants have several offers this weekend here are a few of them.
- 1000 North in Jupiter has a bacon board for $18 and an unlimited drink package for $26.
- III Forks in Palm Beach Gardens has a complimentary stake for dad when someone in the party purchases an entree of equal or lesser value (up to $50)
- Almond in Palm Beach is throwing a BBQ with pulled pork, tobacco smoked ribs, street corn, baked beans, and macaroni and cheese.
- Brick & Barrel in Jupiter is having its grand opening weekend in Abacoa (they are taking the old Rooney's space).
- City Cellar in West Palm Beach has Bacon Breakfast Pizza for $21 and blue-crusted sea bass for $38.
- Saltwater Brewery in Delray will have live music and the Cousins Maine Lobster food truck.
3) Rapids Water Park - Riviera Beach
Either get out of dad's hair or bring him along for the fun. All 42 attractions reopened a few weeks ago.
Things To Know
- You can by parking and your tickets online.
- They have social distancing markers in place.
- They prescreen their employees for fever and ask guests to do the same for themselves (a list of requirements is posted on signage as you walk up).
- They sanitize each tube after usage with chlorine.
- There is only one exit and entrance to the Lazy River.
4) The Delray Affair
Instead of buying dad some sock or ties he probably doesn't need how about letting him shop for art. The 58th annual street festival that usually runs down Atlantic Ave. is now a virtual event.
5) Paul Mercurio - Palm Beach Improv
Make dad laugh! There are five shows. Thursday at 8 p.m., Friday at 7:30 p.m. and 10 p.m., and Saturday at 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
Things to Know
- Groups of guests will be seated 6 feet apart.
- Drinks will be served out of plastic containers.
- The theater will provide disposable masks upon request (staff will be wearing masks). For more information or to buy tickets, visit palmbeachimprov.com [palmbeachimprov.com] or call 561-833-1812.