Feb. 14 may be Valentine's Day to some, but to many it's Singles Awareness Day.
While couples go to a crowded restaurant this weekend to choose from a limited, but more expensive menu, there's fun things for single people to do. Click on each event for more information.
1. Shred your ex and get free wings
- Until now that picture of your ex only offered bad memories, but now it can get you free wings at Hooters. When you order 10 wings and shred the picture, you get 10 free wings. You'll also be entered for a chance to win a premium membership to Bubmle. Bumble is a dating app designed to empower women.
2. Adopt a new best friend for a lifetime of love
- On Valentine's Day, head to Due South Brewing Co. in Boynton Beach for speed dating, but not for a new partner. A furry new best friend is waiting to give you a lifetime of unconditional love. Tails will start wagging at 7 p.m.
3. Was your ex more of a cockroach or snake?
-The San Antonio Zoo will name a rat after your ex and feed it to a snake on Feb. 14. If your ex was more of a cockroch, they're flexible. They'll name one after your ex and feed it to an insect-eating animal. The zoo will also be live-streaming this event, so you will still be able to see for yourself that the deed is done.
4. Who needs gifts when you can make something for yourself?
-Join Clay Haus at Downtown Palm Beach Gardens for a FREE clay hand building activity. You can sip wine, create art and mingle at this single's session on Feb. 13.
5. Treat yourself to a spa day
-Living the single life can be stressful. Have a massage and relax. Worried about what the future may hold? The package includes a tarot card reading.