If you have an iPhone, have you made the upgrade to the new iOS 10 yet?
You might have been scared off by some horror stories, of phones locking up. Some users posted photos of their phone completely bricked, unable to use.
Apple says most of those problems were related to having an older version of iTunes, and says it has fixed that glitch.
It says millions of users have successfully upgraded with no issues.
That's why this weekend is a great time to upgrade to iOS 10, if you have not done so yet.
9 Great Improvements
Many people who have upgraded report that they love the improvements that come with iOS 10. Among them:
- Easier to read Notifications on your home screen, that don't require you to log on to the phone to read.
- Automated photo albums, that sort by date and location, and even facial recognition (if you want it). Your phone will basically put together an album of your last beach vacation automatically, in seconds.
- Adjustable "Flashlight" brightness. Yay! Spouses everywhere will cheer this, after having a bright light wake them up in bed at 2 a.m.
- Improved Maps (always welcome, with many people still remembering the disastrous Apple Maps rollout about 5 years ago)
- Improved Siri (so she might understand your question better).
- Siri Selfies: Just ask her and she will turn the camera on you and take a photo.
- Ability to delete standard apps that you never use, such as "stocks," that take up valuable real estate on your home screen, and that until now you could not delete.
- A Find My Car feature, if your car has Bluetooth, and you always lose it in parking lots. Your phone will pin the parking spot on Apple Maps.
- Longer battery life.
Some users claim iOS 10 shortened their battery life, but Apple says that's just the first day, as your phone reorganizes its files, and makes all the changes Apple has sent down.
By day two, battery life should be better.
Best of all, the upgrade is free, so you don't waste your money.
Don't Waste Your Money is a registered trademark of the EW Scripps Co.
Follow John on Twitter (@johnmatarese)