This week we got to see Chief Meteorologist Steve Weagle completing his 18th bike ride down the coast line of WPTV's viewing area to raise money for the American Red Cross . But what most didn't see is all the fun behind the scenes moments from his ride. As Steve cycled roughly 120 miles from Sebastian to Boca Raton, I captured moments of brevity with my iPhone and created a "documentary" of his ride (watch by clicking play above).
Fun Moments Included
- Steve arriving seconds before he is needed on the air
- What the Red Cross support staff really think of Steve
- Why one of our photographers was standing in the Saint Lucie River ?
- What kept Jay Cashmere from joining Steve on this year's ride?
- Why was Steve so sunburned?
- How does Steve get the crowd behind him TV ready?
Steve's ride draws attention to the fact that hurricane season has started and to make sure everyone in the community has a plan. As of this article's publishing, Steve has raised $59,500 this year for the American Red Cross.
Special thanks to WPTV Photographer Eric Pasquarelli for all the excellent footage and Kristen Wolfe for making the graphics.