Yield: 6-8 portions
4 Tablespoons Butter
½ Cup Onions, diced
1 ½ lbs. Carrots, peeled sliced into coins ¼”
3 Tablespoons Honey
2 teaspoons Salt
3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
1-40 oz. can Yams, drained, cut in half
1 small can Prunes, drained
1. Combine butter, onions and carrots in a large saucepot on a medium flame.
2. Top with honey, salt, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg
3. Stir occasionally from top to bottom until well mixed.
4. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer until carrots are almost cooked about 25 minutes.
5. Blend in yams and prunes tossing lightly.
6. Continue to cook uncovered until most of the liquid has evaporated about 5 minutes.
7. Remove to casserole dish and hold covered in a 250 degree oven for dinner service.