Contributed by Beauty News with Angela Cruz, www.angela-cruz.com
This time of year can bring you fun in the sun, but it also brings a host of summertime beauty issues. Skip the greasy face and get your glow on with the right products to help you breeze through the season beautifully!
· Protect your skin with Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 50. This product provides long-lasting hydration and critical protection against UV light, while it helps control the triggers that lead to skin aging. A unique polypeptide in the formula helps encourage collagen-producing activities.
Pro tip: blend it smoothly over your skin to create a perfected finish before you head outdoors. This can be purchased at www.dermalogica.com.
· Beat the “greasies” with Hourglass Cosmetics Veil Mineral Primer and Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation. The primer delivers broad spectrum SPF 15 protection, and it extends the wear of foundation. Combined with the revolutionary foundation, which has been called “the miracle foundation for oily skin,” you’ll achieve a look that won’t melt. The foundation absorbs 75% of its weight in oil without drying skin. Its lightweight formula is perfect for summertime, as it transforms instantly from a liquid to powder for a long-wearing velvet matte finish.
Pro tips: first apply the primer all over your face and neck with clean fingers, then use a brush to apply the foundation. You can purchase both products at www.hourglasscosmetics.com.
· Achieve a sun-kissed glow with highlighters and bronzers, such as the Makeup Revolution Strobe Highlighter in the shade Gold Addict. This light powder highlighter gives a natural illumination to the skin by diffusing the light. Instead of an overly contoured look, play up the high planes of your face by strobing with this product.
Pro tips: for a softly “lit-from-within” look, use a fan brush to lightly sweep the highlighter on the tops of your cheekbones. For a more intense radiance, use a damp beauty sponge and tapping motions to apply the highlighter on your cheeks, on the upper part of your lips’ Cupid’s bow, and just under your browbone. This product can be purchased at www.ulta.com/brand/makeup-revolution.
· Nourish your nails yet look perfectly polished for summer with a French manicure using *hype’s Viola kit. The products, made in Miami, are free of toxic chemicals and are made from up to 85% plant-based ingredients. The large-sized brush helps you apply the polish, and the formulas are quick-drying, long-lasting and glossy.
Pro tip: instead of applying thick coats, apply thin coats and layer them to avoid clumps and messes. You can purchase this kit at https://hypenail.com/collections/gift-sets.
· Achieve the scents of summer by using Pirette Fragrance Oil and SPF 31 Tinted Lotion. The roll-on perfume is lightweight and all-natural, and smells like surfwax, suntan oil, salt air and coconuts – like a vacation in a bottle! The tinted lotion is infused with Pirette’s flagship scent, and it can double as a foundation thanks to its subtle sheen from coconut oil. The lotion is completely free of chemical sunscreens, and is appropriate for sensitive and blemish-prone skin.
Pro tip: apply the tinted lotion all over your face, and also dab a bit on your inner wrists, then follow with a swipe of the fragrance oil. The moisturizing properties of the lotion will make the fragrance oil last even longer. You can purchase both items at www.pirettebeach.com.
· Once you’re set with all your products, stash them in a “splash-proof” bag and get ready for more adventures with the ALOHA Collection mid-size Coco Palms in a fun key lime print. The Tyvek bag is a great accessory to stash beauty products on-the-go. It’s perfect for storing your wet swimsuit to keep it separated from your dry clothing when you’re traveling, too.
Pro tip: stash your sunscreen and use the bag as a fashionable beach clutch – that way, you’re guaranteed not to forget your SPF! You can purchase the bag at www.aloha-collection.com. For more beauty tips and tricks, follow Beauty News with Angela Cruz at www.angela-cruz.com and subscribe at www.youtube.com/AngelaCruzTube.