About UsAs Seen On


Free tax preparation available in St. Lucie County

Posted at 3:07 PM, Jan 17, 2019
and last updated 2019-01-18 05:10:44-05

ST. LUCIE COUNTY, Fla. — St. Lucie County residents can get free help this tax season.

Volunteers with the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) and the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) programs will provide free tax preparation assistance at eight locations throughout St. Lucie County starting in February.

The locations are:

  • Indian River State College (Fort Pierce campus / Building B – Room 119), 3209 Virginia Ave., Fort Pierce: Thursdays from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. (772-462-7489)
  • Lakewood Park Branch Library, 7605 Santa Barbara Drive, Fort Pierce: Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to noon and Fridays from noon to 3 p.m. (772-462-6870)
  • Kilmer Branch Library, 101 Melody Lane, Fort Pierce: Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (772-462-1615) (Note: tax service will not be available on March 30)
  • Morningside Branch Library, 2410 SE Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie: Thursdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to noon (772-337-5632)
  • Mustard Seed Ministries (Fort Pierce), 3130 South US 1, Fort Pierce: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (772-465-6021)
  • Mustard Seed Ministries (Port St. Lucie), 8311 South US 1, Port St. Lucie: Mondays through Fridays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (772-340-1406)
  • Knights of Columbus, 451 SW Ravenswood Lane, Port St. Lucie: Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (772-878-7514)
  • Port St. Lucie Community Center, 2195 SE Airoso Blvd., Port St. Lucie: Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (772-344-4302)

These sites offer free tax filing assistance to residents making less than $55,000 per year.

To have your federal taxes prepared, please bring:

  • Proof of identification
  • Social Security numbers
  • Birth dates of family members
  • Property tax bills
  • All income documents, including wage and earning statement(s) W-2, W-2G, 1099-R from all employers
  • Interest and dividend statements from banks (forms 1099-Div)
  • A copy of last year’s federal and state returns (if available)
  • Health care expenses
  • Donation receipts and bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit