Asparagus, Prosciutto, Chèvre, Poached Egg
kitchen’s Version of Bacon, Eggs, and Toast
20 medium size asparagus (about 5 inches long)
½ cup white vinegar
8 cups boiling water in deep saucepan
1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp. cracked black pepper
4 slices Prosciutto (good quality)
8 oz. goat cheese (good quality)
1. Blanch the asparagus in 4 quarts of boiling water for about 30 seconds.
2. Remove from heat and set pot in ice water to stop cooking and retain bright green color.
3. Add vinegar to water and turn down heat to simmer.
4. Toss the Panko in olive oil with pepper. Toast on baking sheet until golden. Set aside.
5. Lay out slices of Prosciutto.
6. Divide goat cheese into 4 equal balls and place one on each slice of meat.
7. Place asparagus on top of goat cheese balls.
8. Wrap the prosciutto around the cheese-asparagus bundles so that the bottom and top of the
asparagus still show.
9. Place the bundles in a sauté pan. Pan fry in olive oil over medium heat for 3 minutes on each
side. Set aside.
10. Poach eggs in the vinegar water for 3-4 minutes, or until done.
1. Spread toasted breadcrumbs on serving plate. Top with asparagus bundles. Add poached eggs.
2. Drizzle plate with 50/50 vinaigrette (see recipe).