We’ll soon have to set our clocks back an hour for Daylight Saving Time, and you’ll have to sacrifice an hour of beauty sleep. Instead of waking up even earlier to get through your regular routine, make up for it by swapping in a few multi-tasking and timesaving products. I’ve compiled some tips, plus a few time-saving beauty products you can use to streamline your lineup.
· Skip the shampoo, save time on styling with CHI’s Dry Shampoo. This waterless formula absorbs excess oil, which means you can go a day or two in between washing. Also, it contains the CHI Ceramic Compound, which uses ceramic and proteins to protect your strands. A pro tip: spray it through your roots, and then let it absorb for at least 5 minutes. Bonus – you’ll also get more volume for flat hair. You can purchase it at farouk.com/product/chi-dry-shampoo.
· For a one-and-done face product, try Intellishade® Matte by Revision Skincare -- it’s an anti-aging primer and tinted moisturizer with SPF 45. It gives you a touch of sheer color and evens out your skin tone, so you can still have a healthy-looking complexion. The blend of three peptides and broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection helps fight premature aging, and the product also claims to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. A pro tip: top it with powder to completely skip foundation. You can purchase it at www.revisionskincare.com/intellishade-matte.
· You’ve heard that eyelash extensions will save you time, but have you heard of magnetic lashes? One Two Lash is the world’s first, and they’re taking lash lovers by storm. These magnetic false eyelash extensions are super quick to apply – hence the name “One Two” -- and they don’t damage your natural eyelashes. Pro tip: to apply these, simply place the two ultra-lightweight fiber strips as a sandwich on eyelashes, letting the magnets do the work and bonding. Remove them by gently and slowly shifting them apart, without pulling. The best part is that I have found they don’t damage my natural lashes at all, and it is an easy way to create a dramatic lash line in just seconds – you can even skip mascara! You can purchase it at www.onetwocosmetics.com.
· If you’re looking for a fast makeup fix, check out Stila’s Convertible Color – the two-in-one product will do double duty, just like a convertible! This ingenious lipstick and blush is loaded with creamy, translucent color. Pro tip: apply the product with your fingers, tapping onto cheeks and pressing gently onto lips, to save even more time. You can purchase it at www.stilacosmetics.com/products/convertible-color.
· If you’re like me and you want to get ready as quickly as possible, stick makeup is the way to go. As a beauty blogger, I feel like I can’t leave the house without highlighting and contouring, plus applying blush – so thankfully Mally Beauty’s Shimmer, Shape and Go make face-shaping easier and faster than ever. I think of them like jumbo makeup crayons – it’s a trio of portable, blendable sticks that make the application fast. Pro tip: create a “blush sandwhich” by putting the shimmer on the top part of your cheekbones, the blush right on the apples of your cheeks and the contour in the hollows of your cheeks, then blending them together with clean fingers. You can purchase the set of a sculptor, illuminator and blush at www.mallybeauty.com/face/shimmer-shape-go.
· Also from Mally Beauty is my favorite smudgy eyeliner, although the product is actually titled as an eyeshadow -- it’s company founder Mally Roncal’s most legendary makeup multi-tasker, so it can do a ton of things: the Evercolor Shadow Stick Extra. I’m a little obsessed with these, particularly for travel, because they work as a primer and eyeshadow base all in one. These sticks are goof-proof, budge-proof and crease-proof. Pro tip: use one of the lighter shimmer colors, such as Autumn Shimmer, on the inner corners of your eyes to look more refreshed and bright-eyed. You can purchase them at www.mallybeauty.com/eyes/eye-shadow/evercolor-shadow-stick-extra.