Denver 420 rally shooting video: YouTube video shows possible suspect in Denver's Civic Center Park

DENVER - A YouTube video shared by Denver police Sunday afternoon may show one of the two suspects thought to be responsible for the shooting during the 420 rally in Denver's Civic Center Park.

Three people were injured in the shooting and Denver police had been asking for photos or videos from rally attendees that might show the shooting or the suspects.

"You inadvertently captured one of the possible suspects on camera," 7NEWS reporter Jaclyn Allen said to Brandon Morse, the person who originally posted the video to YouTube.

"That's amazing," he replied. "I didn't realize I did that, but that's citizen journalism for you."

According to police, the best images of the suspect are visible about six seconds into the almost two minute video. It shows a black male with a brown and white checkered shirt, who is standing between a man in a red shirt and a man in a white hat.

"We are seeking this individual as we believe he assisted the primary suspect after the shooting," police said.

The primary suspect in the shooting was described as wearing a blue hat, gray sweatshirt and black pants.

A man and woman, between 20 and 30 years old, were shot in the leg, Denver police said. Their injuries were considered non-life-threatening.

A third victim, a juvenile, was grazed by a bullet and walked into a nearby hospital, police tweeted.

"The overall feel of it was pretty tragic," Morse said.

Morse wasn't the only one to record an image that could be vital to the investigation. Photography student Alexander Pringle says he saw the shooter open fire and managed to snap a photo of the shooter running away.

Pringle, using his training as a former Army medic, said he then jumped in to make a tourniquet from the bleeding man's belt.

"We just put the tourniquet on, cranked it down and we're good," he said.

Shawn Eash also jumped into help, after he said he felt a bullet whiz by his face.

"Thankfully, no one was killed," said Eash. "They got really lucky."

On Sunday, the case was turned over to the Denver Police Department's Gang Unit.

Print this article Back to Top