* A disaster affects a large number of people.
* The emergency is expected to last several days.
Be prepared to go to a shelter if:
* Your area is without electrical power.
* There is a chemical emergency affecting your area.
* Flood water is rising.
* Your home has been severely damaged.
* Police or other local officials tell you to evacuate.
Services provided at a Red Cross shelter:
* Temporary shelter.
* Basic First Aid.
To learn about Red Cross shelters serving your area:
* Listen to your battery powered radio.
* Check with your local Red Cross Chapter.
Note: All American Red Cross emergency services are provided free of charge.
AMERICAN RED CROSS BY COUNTY: