(WFLA) Crews contracted by the US Coast Guard are cleaning up after a fire on a shrimp boat on Florida's Anclote River.
The Tarpon Springs Fire Department battled the blaze aboard the "Skye Marie" for nearly five hours from Tuesday night to Wednesday morning.
Bill Harris owned the 85-foot boat. He said he's made his living fishing for shrimp in Tarpon Springs for more than 40 years.
"I just want to apologize to everybody in Tarpon Springs, the commercial fishermen, or anybody that my boat damaged in this fire. I'd like to just say I'm sorry. But I'm thankful for the fire department. They did everything they could do. There ain't much more than you could ask," said Harris. "I know it's not my fault, but it's still my business and my boat that's done this."
Firefighters declared the "Skye Marie" a total loss. Harris says the boat was not insured and he's not sure if he will be able to stay in business.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1822SzB