A screeching parrot named "Pearly" alerted a Ft. Lauderdale couple that their house was on fire Jan. 14, 2014.
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - A Fort Lauderdale couple is praising their pet parrot for helping them escape an early Tuesday morning house fire.
Dave Wulff and his fiancée Laura Jean Niesel said their Indian Ringneck parrot named "Pearly" started making a ruckus, waking them from a deep sleep.
Because of the parrot, Niesel said she was able to dial 911 and Fort Lauderdale firefighters were there in minutes.
for the full story, and watch video below:
Video for mobile users: