LAKE WORTH, Fla. - South Shores Tavern employees have been cleaning up the back portion of the restaurant all day.
A fire swept through a side room near the patio around 5 a.m. Thursday.
The restaurant was closed at the time.
The restaurant's sous chef, Daniel Donovan said, "Fairly worried, but this place has been through all sorts of drama almost acts of God-- a few sparks here or there is not going to scare us away."
The fact that fire is considered suspicious isn't scaring them away either. The tavern's burglar alarm went off just before the fire.
Donovan and other employees spent the morning examining the damage. "All of the kitchen is completely fine, fully operational kitchen which is good because we need it. Most of our kitchen food is from scratch and local produce and meats and everything."
By 12:30 the doors opened. Jamey Brock was the first customer. "I asked if they were redecorating again or if they were open for lunch and here I am, I needed lunch."
The restaurant manager said they are still trying to figure out how much damage was done to the one side of the back patio.
The fire remains under investigation.