WASHINGTON, D.C. - The four-star Ritz Carlton Hotel maintains more than one thousand guest rooms, with about 1400 bathrooms and 1300 beds made each day.
Magdalena Tudose, Director of Service at the Ritz, says keeping it clean means some simple supplies you may have in your kitchen:
- 12 oz. white vinegar, twice as much water, squeeze of lemon cleans windows and glass shower doors. Use newspaper instead of paper towels or microfiber cloth to avoid leaving fuzz behind.
- Rubbing alcohol can be used as a disinfectant for glass tabletops and it is beneficial for guests with allergies.
- Baking soda sprinkled on carpet, left for five minutes, then vacuumed up eliminates odors. It is easier on people with allergies.
- Mix baking soda with the vinegar solution to clean the sink, tub and grout. It makes chrome shiny.
- Use baking soda and vinegar to clean the shower drain.
- Wash pillows in the washing machine. For feather pillows, use cold water and dry them for about an hour so they don't smell.
- Use a damp microfiber cloth very gently to clean a flat screen television. Do not use spray.
- Use the Magic Eraser with a little water on scuffed base boards.