There's a new player in the race to the top of the tablet market that's been getting a lot of buzz. No, it's not from Amazon or Apple or Barnes & Noble -- the newest tablet is coming from Toys "R" Us.
Tabeo, a tablet designed for children, will hit stores October 21, according to the Toys "R" Us website.
Toys "R" Us is charging $149.99 for the tablet, and the retailer is already taking pre-orders here www.toysrus.com.
The Tabeo Tablet comes with the following:
- 7" Tablet
- Parental Controls block inappropriate content to surf the web safely
- Front-facing camera to capture and share special moments
- HDMI output to enjoy photos, videos, and more on your TV
- Child-friendly interface
- 1.0 Ghz processor makes gaming fast and fun!
- Capacitive multi-touch screen makes usage simple
- Enjoy books, games, music, videos, and photos everywhere
- 4 GB Storage, but is expandable via micro SDHC slot (up to 32 GB)
- 50 pre-loaded games, books, and educational apps
- Over 6,000 free downloadable apps available in the Tabeo Store
- Drop-safe bumper included
- Full internet experience with Flash support
Do you think children are ready for a tablet of their own?