Pahokee man suffers first-degree burns to hands in house fire

PAHOKEE, Fla. - A man suffered first-degree burns to his hands Sunday afternoon while trying to put out a fire in his home in the 300 block of Pelican Lake Drive in Pahokee.

Firefighters were called to 305 Pelican Lake Drive around 12:30 p.m. They found the fire was confined to the kitchen stove, according to Palm Beach County Fire Rescue Don Delucia. He said the fire was extinguished quickly.

There was only one person in the home, a 56-year-old who suffered first-degree burns to his hands. He was transported to St. Mary's Medical Center, Delucia said.

 

Print this article Back to Top

Comments