Woman critically burned in Belle Glade fire

BELLE GLADE, Fla. - A woman suffered life-threatening burns when a fire broke out in Belle Glade Friday afternoon.

She was inside her efficiency apartment at 532 Southwest Avenue D at the time.

Investigators say her clothing accidentally came into contact with a hot plate.

The victim, believed to be in her late 60s, was badly burned and ran into the street still smoking.

She was first transported to Delray Medical Center.  Then arrangements were made to transfer her to the burn center at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami.
 

Print this article Back to Top

Comments