Residents of Assisted Living Facility in Belle Glade forced to evacuate after fire

BELLE GLADE, Fla. - Residents of the Assisted Living Facility in Belle Glade were evacuated early Saturday morning after a fire broke out in the building.

Palm Beach County Fire Rescue officials said rescue crews responded the 300 block of Southwest 10th Street around  6:30 a.m. Upon arrival, crews encountered heavy smoke on the second floor of the building. 

They managed to put out the fire, believed to have started in the automatic sprinklers.

As a precaution, one patient was transported to a local hospital.

The fire is currently under investigation.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments