Man suffers electric shock in Belle Glade

BELLE GLADE, Fla. –– A man is being flown to Delray Medical Center this morning after he suffered an electric shock, a spokesman said.

Palm Beach County Fire Rescue crews were dispatched to 227 Northwest Ave. L, west of North Main Street, just before 9:30 a.m. in response to a reported electrocution, said fire rescue spokesman Capt. Don DeLucia.

The man, whose identity has not been released by authorities, was in a boom truck when he encountered power lines and had an "electrocution issue," DeLucia said.

The man is stable and does not have life-threatening injuries.

He is being taken to the hospital by Trauma Hawk out of precaution, DeLucia said.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments