BELLE GLADE, Fla. - A Belle Glade apartment fire on Thanksgiving displaced six people, including three children.
Emergency crews responded to the fire around 10:30 a.m. in the 2600 block of Palm Glade Drive.
First-arriving crews reported there was smoke in the front of the building and flames from a side window of a second-floor apartment, according to Cpt. Albert Borroto with Palm Beach County Fire Rescue.
Tammy Jackson-Moore with the Red Cross said a ceiling collapsed on a unit downstairs, causing water damage.
A team of Red Cross volunteers assisted with emergency aid for the affected individuals, three adults and three children.