Kitchen fire leaves Fort Pierce family of four temporarily homeless

FORT PIERCE - A couple and their two young children are homeless Monday night after the mother forgot a pot on the stove and it caught on fire.

The fire destroyed the family's duplex in the 3200 block of Mura Drive in Fort Pierce, said Capt. Jack Edmonson, spokesman for St. Lucie County Fire Rescue.

The mother was preparing dinner for the family when she got distracted caring for the children ages 4 and 7 and forgot she had a pot on the stove, Edmonson said.

Their unit was destroyed by the fire and the adjacent unit sustained smoke damage, he said.

The family escaped the flames unscathed and are being assisted by the Red Cross.  

 

 

Print this article Back to Top

Comments