A Delray Beach residence was the scene of a hazardous chemical spill Friday morning.
At around 7:31 a.m., Delray Beach Fire Rescue reported to the chemical spill at NW Eleventh Street near NW Fifth Avenue, where units found two containers containing muriatic acid and chlorine.
Delray Beach Fire Rescue Public Relations officer Lt. Curtis Jepsen said the container with muriatic acid had spilled and was emptied onto the ground.
"The chlorine jug was leaking and still contained fluid," Jepsen said.
While units worked to contain the chemical, Jepsen said residents in the surrounding area were advised to stay indoors.
After the chlorine jug was contained, the entire area was washed down with water until the HAZMAT team got normal readings on all monitoring equipment.