Stove fire causes more flooding than fire damage at Marina Village condos in Boynton Beach

BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. - A small fire at the Marina Village condos in Boynton Beach caused more flooding than fire damage.

A stove fire on the 11th floor forced the sprinklers on around 4:30 p.m. Friday afternoon.
 
In the minutes it took firefighters to arrive, the water rose several inches inside the apartment and began seeping into floors below.

A restoration crew was called to vacuum out the water, and fans were set up to dry out the rugs.

Fire crews say most residents were able to return to their homes by late Friday night.

Several units underneath where the fire burned suffered water damage.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments