Margeaux Greenwald case update: New details emerge in woman's death

New details are slowly emerging in the death investigation of a Boynton Beach woman whose body was found over the weekend in a field in Palm Beach Gardens.

According to police reports, 35-year-old Margeaux Greenwald was staying in a Boynton Beach townhouse as recently as last week.

Neighbors say police spent days at the residence taking pictures.

It's not clear who she was staying with in the house but neighbors say that they called police numerous times because of suspicious activity.

Greenwald’s photos and phone number were on an escort website and neighbors say as recently as last week there was a lot of traffic coming to and from the townhouse at odd hours.

“There was a lot of action coming and going. Men. Men. The cars going back and forth and stopping and people getting out and going in getting out and going in,” said neighbor Joan Boeltz

According to Boynton Beach police report officers responded to the townhouse to investigate alleged prostitution and narcotics activity before.

Palm Beach Gardens police say the case is an active death investigation but added that the public does not need to fear for their safety.

Friends of the 35-year-old woman are mourning her death.

They say she spent years helping people recover from addiction as a manager at Stepping Stones Recovery Center.

But according to Greenwald's friends and father, she relapsed recently and may have started associating with the wrong crowd.

"Even when she started going off track she still maintained relationships with people. She cared about people," her former boss and friend Laura Lee Chapman said.

Chapman says Greenwald had a radiant personality and was influential in helping many recovering addicts when she worked at the center.

"Something about us clicked. I knew from the beginning she was very special," Chapman said.

Chapman says she suspects something bad happened to Greenwald.

" There was definitely foul play. Definitely. I don't know what...but if she wasn't around scumbags she would be alive. To dump someone's body in the are hiding something," Chapman said.

Police are still waiting on the medical examiner's report.