Woman suffers smoke inhalation in Boca Raton kitchen fire

SUBURBAN BOCA RATON, Fla. - A woman was hospitalized Tuesday evening after inhaling smoke while trying to put out a kitchen fire in a Century Village apartment in suburban Boca Raton, said Capt. Albert Borroto, spokesman for Palm Beach County Fire Rescue.

The woman told fire rescue that she fell trying to put out a stove fire and could not get up. When rescue crews arrived around 6:11 p.m. at 580 Mansfield North, they found the woman in a third-floor apartment and a small amount of smoke inside the dwelling, Borroto said.

Firefighters found fire on the stove and quickly extinguished it. The woman was taken to West Boca Medical Center, Borroto said.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments