FAU selects ten semi-finalists for school president
4:58 PM, Jan 6, 2014
PALM BEACH COUNTY, Fla. - Florida Atlantic University has whittled down its search for a new president to ten semi-finalist candidates
It listed them as:
• Jeff Atwater, State of Florida Chief Financial Officer
• David Brennen, Dean and Professor, University of Kentucky
• Mary Holz-Clause, Vice President for Economic Development, University of Connecticut
• Christopher Earley, Krannert Graduate School of Mgt. & School of Mgt. Dean, Purdue University
• John Kelly, Vice President Public Service and Agriculture, Clemson University
• Larry Lemanski, Distinguished Research Professor, Texas A&M University
• George LeMieux, Chairman of the Board, Gunster Law
• Donald Siegel, Dean and Professor of Management, University of Albany
• Ronald Vogel, Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, California State University
• Robert Wilhelm, Vice Chancellor for Research and Economic Development, University of North Carolina
If Atwater is chosen it will cause a political scramble since Atwater was expected to easily win re-election this fall. Atwater, whose children attended FAU, announced Saturday he was jumping into the race for the job. LeMieux is a former US Senator.
The school says the candidates will interview with the search committee on either Thursday, Jan. 9 or Friday, Jan. 10 at FAU's Boca Raton campus.
From those ten, three will be invited to FAU's Boca Raton, Davie and Jupiter campuses on Tuesday, Jan. 14, Wednesday, Jan. 15 or Thursday, Jan. 16 and meet with various university groups.
After that FAU's Board of Trustees will interview the trio on Friday, Jan. 17 and then a president will be chosen.