Boca Raton senior living center partially evacuated over toxic smell

BOCA RATON - According to Melanie White, Executive Director of the Veranda Club,  forty residents of the Boca Raton senior living community had to be evacuated from their living quarters when they started having breathing problems due to a toxic smell.   

Palm Beach Fire and Rescue was called to the scene to investigate and it was eventually discovered that a female resident was cleaning with bleach.

The evacuation was orderly and the residents were only out of their rooms for approximately twenty minutes.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments